Post 10 Image



The image that captures my life is "Home".  A home is not just a house, it is a place. Home is where I want to go because my belongings are there, my toys that I grew up with, my childhood memories, and so much more.  Home for me is a place where my family is. Home is where I feel safe and loved.  This comes from my amazing family, the sense of security I have at home, and the love that is always present, no matter how awful things appear.
The poem that I am comparing my image to is "Snapping Beans" by Lisa Parker. Parker uses several lines of the poem to describe the scenery, painting a picture of a quiet house in the countryside at sunrise. The imagery can be seen in the lines such as “as the sun rose, pushing its pink spikes / through the slant of cornstalks,”.

Comments

  1. There is no place like home, and the best part about home is that it is where the heart is. This image reminds me of Dorothy's line in "The Wizard of Oz." Only if we could just stay at home and never leave the house. To me, living in the country is way better than the city life because of the peace and quite. Thinking of home, my heart melts and I wish I way there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great blog post. I enjoyed reading your post. I like that you choose image of a home to capture your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that home isn't just a house. Early in my life my family moved fairly often, and as such we never had a house to attach many memories to. Despite that, I still know that my home was where my family was, and that any amount of changing scenery wouldn't change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Home is where I want to go" is a great way to phrase that. Home might not be the place you live, its what you want it to be. However I do recognize people not always having a choice of where you can make your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Mr. Hall stated home isn't a necessary element as to where but as to whom, this presents itself as the same thing I went through as a kid moving around a lot and not necessarily making memories at a certain place but with certain people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 8

Post 12

Post 7